Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day #1





I waited patiently for the Lord;

he inclined to me and heard my cry.

He drew me up from the pit of destruction,

out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon

a rock, making my steps secure. He put a

new song in my mouth, a song of praise

to our God. Many will see and fear, and

put their trust in the Lord.

Blessed is the man who makes the

Lord his trust, who does not turn to the

proud, to those who go astray after a lie!

You have multiplied, O Lord my God,

your wondrous deeds and your thoughts

toward us; none can compare with you!

I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they

are more than can be told. ~Psalm 40: 1-5

When we decided to create this blog, we had a few goals in mind. There are many special people in our lives who reside far away, and we wanted to provide a chance for them to stay up to date with our family. We love our children more than words can say, and they bring delight to our lives every day. We wanted to share that delight with anyone who has an interest. We thought it would be fun to have a place to share ideas now and then. Even more than those things, however, we wanted to create another avenue for us to tell the world (or whoever cares to read!) ;o) about our incredible God and all of the amazing things he has done in our lives. We have been changed from the inside out, and it has been a great (albeit sometimes crazy and hard) journey. Our hope is that through sharing our experiences, we might be an encouragement to some of you.

A couple months ago I felt like it was time to share a little more about our stories of faith. I thought it would be fun to write for 40 days leading up to Easter. Soooo, that's what brings us here. We hope you enjoy learning a little more about us in the coming weeks. And don't worry - for those of you who aren't interested in this kind of thing, we'll continue to post pics of the kids and other events in the lives of S. and Company!

(Side note: The goal is a post for every day, but this is subject to change depending on other household happenings!)

Stay tuned for the beginning of our faith stories coming soon!

No comments: