Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day # 5



Today I was actually going to post about a different highlight in my faith journey. When I realized it was my cousin Lisa's birthday, I thought I would rearrange a little bit and share this with you....




This is my cousin Lisa and me this year around Christmas time.
Happy Birthday Lisa! I wanted to write about you tonight because you have had an impact on my faith journey. When we were young, maybe late elementary or early junior high, I started to notice the evidence of certain things in your life. You had always been a very wonderful and special person, but this was something more. As I grew in my own faith, I realized I was seeing the fruit of the Holy Spirit living in you. It became such an encouragement to me to be able to talk with you about the Lord and what He was doing in our lives. I loved hearing about your experiences of growing closer to God through working at Bible Camp and different missions trips you went on. My own faith was strengthened as I listened to you talk about answered prayers and your growing trust in the Lord. I was blessed to witness your faithfulness in obedience to God, especially as it played out in your relationship with the man you eventually married. Thank you for your commitment to Jesus, Lisa. For many years you have encouraged me to glorify Him.
It has been a huge blessing to be able to not only have you as a cousin and friend, but also a sister in Christ!

1 comment:

LS said...

What a lovely cousin you have!