Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day # 6 and Meshach thinks it's cold!

Here's our collie, Meshach. Looks like he thinks it's cold out! We think so too! This was taken Tuesday, the day we got a whole bunch of snow!

If my foot had eyes, this is what it would have seen Tuesday as I opened the door to go out and get the mail. Yep, it's March and we just got another foot of snow.



This isn't the greatest picture because I took it through a screen window. I just wanted to point out that little bump inside our fence. That's the top of Seth's slide. It isn't a huge slide (about as tall as him), but last week he was climbing up the steps and sliding down! Our snow was quiet diminished, and now we have more than I've seen since we moved here about 5 years ago!

O.k., this day #6. I'm mixing things up again. ;o) My original thought was to have every highlight in our "40 days of Faith" in chronological order. But.... I felt like I should share a little snippet of something God's been saying to me this week.
As you may have noticed, things have been relatively stressful around here lately. (I haven't posted this because I didn't want to sound whiny, but we are sick. Again.) This makes about two months of minor yet frustrating health issues in our home. Cabin fever has also been hitting hard. Throw in the news of an extended family member passing away, a nearly fatal gun shot wound to a young man we know, plus some other though decisions to be made and I have a recipe that makes me want to sleep, eat chocolate, and spend my time reading other people's blogs. (Sleep seems to be a defense mechanism of mine. Eating chocolate and reading blogs are things I enjoy. However, I find myself gravitating toward these things waaaaay more than I should when I am stressed or have things I need to work on in my own family/home or spiritual life.) It is just so much easier to eat something that makes me feel good (for a while) and read about what's going on in other people's lives.
Don't worry. This story does have a point relating to 40 days of Faith. ;o)
Anyway, I like to read about what's happening in the lives of our friends, as I've mentioned. I also simply like to hear other people's opinions about lots of issues (for stay-at-home-moms who are cooped up with children due to sub-zero temps, blogs are great for this!) What I'm trying to say is this: when I feel like my life isn't going as well as I hope it would, I am quick to want to loose myself in what's going on in other people's lives (and chocolate).
Now, God has been speaking to me about this lately.
Last week I was feeling overwhelmed and didn't really want to think about all of the things on my plate, so I sat down at the computer to read blogs.
"I'll just spend some time thinking about what other people have to say," I thought to myself.
As quickly as that sentence was finished, a still small voice in my soul said,
"But don't you want to read about what I have to say?"
Uuh.
"Well, God, these blogs are just so..... interesting".
"I am interesting too. I love you and when you read my word you will find guidance and strength for everything you are facing."
"Hmmmm. That is true."
And He was right. As always.
Sometimes it takes a while for me to change habits, but God has been reminding me to turn to Him first. For help, for satisfaction, for guidance, even for entertainment. I'm always so happy when I listen. He never disappoints.
So, as you see, my journey of faith has not been completed. I still have a long way to go!
Stop by soon to read about Steve's journey again!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Hey you!
I hope you like the recipe, I think I used a little extra sour cream, moz, and provalone. We like lots of cheese on things so I always add a tad bit extra... also make sure after you remove it from the oven that you let it sit for about 15 min or longer, otherwise it will be runny. I hope you like it because we really did. Otherwise, the whole dress thing, yeah mega drag! I started taking metabolife about 6 months ago, its alot of caffine, I think each tab is equivilant to two cups of coffee, but it has really curbed my appitite and made me each extreamly smaller portions. I really like it, its a little expensive but worth the cost in my book. Otherwise I will email you the picture of the dress from David's that I am looking at. Luckily, Becky is just choosing the color and we can choose the dress so that is really nice. I wish that would have been popular when we were getting married:) because it makes picking out your dress so much more fun.
How is the family? I am super pumped I think we get to meet up with kelster in a couple of weeks when they pass through so that will be really fun!
Anyways, hope all is well, miss you lots!
love ya!
Rach
p.s- totally stumped on that profile picture!