Saturday, September 5, 2009

Accomplishing our purpose? One year blogging...

Earlier this week I happened to be looking at our first blog post and was a bit surprised to realize that we have been part of the blog world for one year already. It has been really fun to read about the journeys of many other bloggers, as well as to share ours. Seeing that first post of ours made me pause for a few moments to ponder if I have been accomplishing the purpose I set out to achieve here. I do hope to offer a little bit for everyone who stops by... updates on our family, pictures showing what Seth and Haddie are up to, as well as an occasional recipe or little family living tip we've learned along the way...

The biggest reason I wanted to create a blog, however, was to have another way to tell the world (or whoever is interested!) a little bit about our deepest passion and the cry of our hearts. We want to share about how Jesus Christ has changed our lives and has given us a new purpose for living. We long to praise His Name... and maybe, hopefully, point others a little closer to Him as we share our journey with you.

So, in the upcoming weeks and months we hope to continue our "40 Days of Faith" (see links on the left hand side of this bog if you missed our first 13 stories). Also, be sure to check us out a week from tomorrow as we share publicly for the first time some BIG NEWS about what God is doing in our family... something that has been in the works for FIVE YEARS! Hehe - we're excited!! ;o)

I'm going to leave you with the first picture I put on our blog. It's Seth and Haddie eating freshly picked apples outside of our house a year ago. Following that is a picture I took this morning of the two of them eating apple slices in our yard. They've changed a bit! ;o)

So, thank you for stopping by. We hope you have enjoyed this past year of "Like Potter's Clay", and we hope you stay with us to see what happens in the coming year!
Blessings to you all!


Sept. '08

Sept. '09

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy blogiversary! I've really enjoyed reading this past year! (And I'm very curious about your announcement!)

Jess said...

ohh my goodness! The old picture is so.. old! haha. Haddie looks so different! And Seth looks older too. I miss you all! It feels like I haven't seen you forever! Thanks for calling me today to fill me in - early! :) haha - on your big news! I am sooo excited!
anyways.. just wanted to say Hi and tell you I love you!

Kami said...

I'm just catching up on your blog and I have to say thank you for an idea for what to do with the many many plastic bags that are invading my space under the kitchen sink! Now just to eat the rest of the ice cream in that pail ... :)

I love your heart and I truly do believe that your desire to share Christ is being carried forth in your blog. You're an amazing family!

SamE said...

Oh what great pics of Seth and Haddie! Can you even believe how different they are in just one year?! We love you guys and miss you. Hope to see you sometime around Halloween (we may "trick-or-treat" in Mahnomen this year ;-)

Love you!
~Sam (aka - Buzzy)

LS said...

How can you do this to us?

Lesley said...

Yes, happy one year of blogging! :) It's crazy how the time flies, isn't it?? I'm also curious about your announcement!! I can't wait to check back and hear the news! Hope your lovely family is doing well!

Unknown said...

Hey Nat,

I'm sorry for not getting back to you! Thanks for the comments on the post! :)

It would be great if Steve could leave the present with Luke! I don't have a cell phone right now (mine is broken, I am getting a new number, I'll let you know when I get it & what it is).

The wedding was great! We were so glad to have you both be a part of it! :) Thanks for all the help! I have some cute pictures I will have to send you of you doing my hair.

You should try slipping heels on before Steve comes home :) It's crazy that housewives wore them all the time not too long ago! :)

Love you!

Naomi