Tuesday, April 21, 2009

One of our Fav's

The other day we had one of our favorites for supper,
so I thought I'd share...
"Pepper Chicken"



You'll need...
*Chicken breasts (For our family of 4, I usually use 2 or 3 of the large frozen breasts)
*1 Tbs. vegetable oil
*1 each red, yellow, and orange peppers, sliced with seeds removed (although I often use the "Birds-Eye" brand bag of frozen peppers and onions. I use one full bag because we love the peppers!)
*2 cloves garlic, minced, or the equivalent in dried minced garlic
*1/4 cup vinegar (the recipe calls for Apple Cider Vinegar, but the day I took the pic I happened to only have White Vinegar - it worked fine!)
*2 Tbs. brown sugar
*14 oz. chicken broth (I usually make it from chicken bouillon cubes or powder)
*rice (enough for your family)

1)Bake chicken breasts till done and then slice or cube them - set aside
2)In a separate pan, saute peppers in the oil for about 2 minutes
3)Add garlic and cook one more minute
4)Stir in vinegar and sugar; bring to boil and cook about 2 minutes.
5)Stir in broth, then add cooked chicken. (If you want the liquid a little thicker, you can add a few tablespoons of flour to the broth - and mix well- before you pour the broth into the pan with the peppers and chicken)
6)Pour into a 9x13 in pan or other large bake ware
7)Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour
8)Serve over rice

We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!


1 comment:

Lesley said...

Yummy!! That looks really good! Thanks for sharing the recipe! :) Hope you're doing well!