Monday, July 20, 2009

Equine Enthusiasts

I came inside today with the intention of writing something deep, but after kneeling on hard ground for almost two hours as I pulled stubborn weeds from the flower beds, my body is tired and I think I will stick to something that will be a little quicker!

I took a couple pictures this weekend which inspired me to dig up some old photos and create this post.... I thought it would be kind of fun to show you some pics of many years worth of equine enthusiasm in our family! ;o) So, here they are, from oldest to most recent...

Okay, okay, no horses in this photo, but we were dressed for a ride no doubt!
(Here I am with my younger brother Shaun.)

Here I am with my younger sister, Jessica, on our old Quarter Horse mare, "Gin". She was the only Quarter Horse my parents owned while we were growing up (they raised Arabians), but she was wonderful. Many, many children (and a few adults) gained confidence in their riding skills while sitting on her back.

Here is Shaun, Jessica, my youngest sister Stephanie sitting on our pony, "Lady",
and me.

Growing up I rode lots of horses, but when I was 13 my parents bought a horse I could call my own. Kick-a-Poo, my gray Arabian gelding came to us in February from California (He must have been shocked by the cold!) My parents still have him on their farm. "Pooh" is an easy-going, lover of treats, funny man who gets bored easily and loves to stick out his tongue. We've had a lot of fun times together. ;o)


Kick-a-Poo and me.
No Hands!

Here we are at the Fair in our "Western Pleasure" garb.


My sister Stephanie riding her sweet Arabian mare, Enchantress, with Kick-a-Poo and me.
We were riding with a small drill team in a parade that day.


Third generation equine enthusiast!
Here's our Haddie girl atop Kick-a-Poo, with me beside her - taken this past weekend. She was completely delighted!


Seth having a fun time riding "Pooh" while my dad leads.
Thanks for the ride grandpa, and thanks for taking care of our "Pooh" so we can still enjoy him even though we live in town!!



And thanks to YOU for stopping by! ;o)





1 comment:

Lesley said...

Hi Natalie! I loved these pictures and how fun it is to look back in history, isn't it?? :) By the way, I love your haircut -- it's really cute! :) Hope you're enjoying your summer!