Monday, July 27, 2009

The Intruder

It was Meshach's "Something is Wrong" bark that led me to peer out the back door. Seeing nothing unusual, except our collie barking and looking worriedly at me, I stepped outside. Then I saw him. An intruder in our yard. The fence and the dog had not deterred him. Camouflaged in black, green, orange, and yellow, he had been sneaking his way up to the house....





We caught the intruder and took a mug shot of him.

Then we proceeded to detain him in a small cell for observation.


Due to his good behavior, he was allowed a larger area to roam while we continued observation.


We concluded that no foul play was intended, and seeing that he was eager to return home, we obliged.



We walked him down to the location of his residence, said our good-byes, and released him.



It was a bit hard to see him go. He was a nice fellow, actually.


But he'll be happier back home. :o)





3 comments:

Kami said...

How cute! Looks like your intruder brought about some fun for the kiddos :)

Thankfully it wasn't a snake!!! :)

Unknown said...

cute nat! :)

Lesley said...

Thanks for the laugh and what a cute post! :)

Good to hear from you, by the way, and your welcome on the hair compliment -- it really is cute!!! I know what you mean about long hair security. I've been trying to break out of that one for awhile... :)

Unfortunately, we aren't able to make it to Lindsey's picnic. At first, I thought it might be a possibility but Sam works week days and we have been traveling a lot lately, and so it's just not going to work this time :( I was so sad about it. But, have lots of fun for me and give Lindsey a hug and a hello from me! I'm sure you will have a great time! :<)