Monday, May 11, 2009

"ING"

A random summary of what I'm doING today...

Anticipating: Getting some flowers planted in the ground pretty soon! (Maybe a veggie garden too??)
Missing: Steve. (I know, mush, mush) I do though. He's away for a couple days.
Debating: Should I clean the house, throw in a chick flick, or go to bed?
Cooking: (cooked) Pasta for supper
Cleaning: leaves off our floor (the dog keeps dragging them in)
Eating: Chocolate Moose Tracks ice cream. Polished it off, actually. Sorry Steve. ;o)
Reading: "Joseph" by Chuck Swindoll (Steve reads and I listen) for inspiration and entertainment, the book of "Job" for spiritual nourishment, and "Green Eggs and Ham" for the kids
Listening: To a CD of piano music playing in the hall outside the kiddos rooms as they sleep
Watching: A video of a little girl who was adopted from China about a year ago
Finishing: My spring cleaning of the clothes closets and storage bins - Yay!
Enjoying: A day that was warm enough and kids who were healthy enough to spend three hours outside this afternoon! That was an amazing and long-awaited blessing!
Feeling: physically - sleepy. Emotionally - excited for the next thing God has in store for us
Trying: To focus when I do devotions lately, instead of letting my mind wander to the dozens of chores I could/should do sometime soon.
Learning: (and re-learning) to try to do all things out of love, including disciplining our children (instead of out of anger or frustration)
Thinking: About some loved ones with failing health
Planning: The details about what needs to be done on our end before Jessica's wedding in 6 weeks!
Traveling: To the doctor's office and back, then (biking) to the park and back!
Recalling: That I need to get to sleep soon if I hope to be engaging with the kids tomorrow!

(A neat lady I know gave me this idea from her blog this winter. If you want to check out some exciting things in the life of a Teacher to Missionary Kids in Japan, see Lori's blog here http://www.tckteacher.blogspot.com/)


3 comments:

LS said...

Neat post. You are one busy mama!

Lesley said...

I enjoyed reading this! And I agree with Lindsey -- you sound like you stay quite busy! :)

Hope you have a great weekend!

Lori said...

Hi my friend!
Great Summary! So fun to see glimpses of a variety of areas of your life on one post! Thanks for the link to my blog, which reminds me -- I need to update it soon! Glad to hear things are warming up in MN!
with love from Japan!