Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Aahhhh.

My heart is happy.
For so long I've been praying that Seth and Haddie would start to play together more, and also just enjoy being around each other. When Haddie was only a couple months old Seth figured out that he could easily push her buttons to the point of tears, and from that moment on, it has been one of his most common pastimes. A dainty, sensitive girly-girl and a strong-willed, active, rambunctious older brother have been a difficult combination for quite some time (OK, difficult is an understatement!) Anyway, in the past month a change has taken place and it makes me feel like a 50 pound weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Maybe it is being out in the sun more, maybe it is our efforts to try to parent better, maybe it is Seth and Haddie both maturing a little more... I'm thinking probably some of all of these, plus a huge dose of God's grace and answered prayer.
At any rate, when I looked outside the window this morning and saw Seth and Haddie playing happily together in the sand box with Meshach laying nearby, my heart swelled and I thanked God. It's finally happening! Not just once in a great while. It is becoming the norm. I know there will still be lots of squabbling ahead, for many years to come, but I do believe we have turned a corner! Ahhhhh. :o)

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Yay! I agree that it feels SO good to have your kids happily playing together! Our girls seem to have spurts of fighting a lot and it causes stress for the whole household. When they are sweet and kind to each other and having a blast playing together, it makes me soooo thankful. It's something we're constantly working on, that's for sure.

Your backyard looks great and very kid friendly! And your dog looks like a sweetheart too! :)

LS said...

Love your back yard! Thanks for sharing this. We have a constant struggle too because Ali loves to tease and Jer cries over anything, even if Ali just yells boo at him. All day long, I'm having to break up fights. I, too, am praying about it often, seeking to train more, and am thrilled to see progress.