Friday, November 6, 2009

Out of their mouths...

Our kids are always cracking us up. :o) Here's a little bit of what we've heard in recent months...

*(This one reflects how different the two of them are.) On our summer vacation this year, Seth was playing with some jumbo plastic lawn darts, saying things like, "Blast off!", "Pow!" "Zoom, Boom!" and "Full Speed Ahead!".
Haddie found them later, gathered all of them in her arms and said, "Ahhh, group hugs." :o)

*The place we were staying at was a town called Park Rapids - except in Haddie's mind it was "Park Rabbits". Hehe.



*Speaking of towns, we were on a trip a while ago and went through a town called Hitterdal. On that trip Seth was asking us what each town's name was. Later that week we had to travel again. We were going through one small town and Seth asked us if we were in "Hit-er-baby". We were confused for a minute, and then realized he was remembering Hitterdal as "Hit-er-doll", and thus, "Hit-er-baby" came to mind! We got a good chuckle out of that one.



*Recently we decided to go out to eat Chinese with some extended family members. We were excited because we don't too often go to restaurants any more. Seth picked up on our enthusiasm and exclaimed, "Wooo hooo! Yes! Hee hee, Chinese! .... do they have cheeseburgers?!"
*Then, the other day, we were eating whole sugar snap peas in a stir fry at home. Seth was very curious why there were "Peas inside the beans."

Seth and Haddie were having an interesting conversation at the supper table recently. Steve and I were amused at their early interpretation of gender roles at the beginning of this conversation....
*It started with me mentioning that Daddy is "Pastor Steve." Then I asked Seth if one day he wanted to be "Pastor Seth."
Haddie: "I want to be Pastor Haddie."
Seth: "Girls aren't pastors."
To which, Haddie said: "I'll get married". ;o) And then, "I'll marry Seth."
At that, Steve told her: "You can't marry your brother, honey."
So Haddie thought for a moment and said: "I'll marry Jason." (Jason is her uncle.)
"Sorry Haddie," I said. "You can't marry uncle Jason either. You could marry a friend. Like... Jude (just to throw out a name of a one of her friends so she would get the idea).
Haddie: "I marry Jude."
Me: "Well, I guess honey, you should marry whoever God wants you to marry. We'll have to pray about it."
Haddie: "I'll pray about it. Dear God, pray for Jude, amen."


Funny kids. ;o)



5 comments:

A Stafford said...

My family stayed at Park Rapids when I was a toddler and I also called it Park Rabbits! It made sense, after all, because we went to the deer park and pet rabbits, goats and baby deer, right?

I also listened to "Uncle Charlie" on the Christian radio station when I was a kid (CBH ministries) and wrote him a letter to: Uncle Charlie, Children's Bible Hour, Grand Rabbits, MI. My parents were rolling on the floor.

Jess said...

I just laughed out loud several times. ohh my goodness, I LOVE these kiddos. Good thing I'm their auntie and I can spoil them and steal them to hang out with me whenever I want.. like today! Thanks for being such great relatives! I love you all! :)

Kami said...

Natalie these stories are so cute! I love that you took the time to share them :) Aren't all those moments just precious?!

Lesley said...

This was the best post and I must say, your kids are sooooo cute!!
I love the things kids say -- our girls make me laugh on a daily basis and Christian keeps me smiling with his sense of humor, even at the age of 14 months. I'm sure he'll be saying funny things like his sisters when he starts to talk more ;-)
Hope all is well -- take care!

SamE said...

Oh - I now have another one to add to the list:

Haddie: "Hey, what's that under your Christmas tree?"
Me: "Those are Christmas presents."
Haddie: "Is there a Haddie present under there?"
Me: "I believe that there is."
Haddie: "Well that's just wonderful!"

Add to that the mental image of "peanut Haddie" and you'll be laughing all the more!