Sunday, November 23, 2008

Constant Entertainment

I thought I'd share with you some amusing things we've heard our kids say, as well as some recent pictures.
*Seth saw Steve and I kiss and he asked if we were married. ;o) We said yes we are, and I also said something like "when you're older you might get married too." He replied with an excited but worried, "But, I don't have a ring!"

(Ironically, just as the weather turned cold, Seth began a new phase of trying to remove his clothing whenever possible!)

*When Seth was about three years old, we were having a conversation about how he used to be in my tummy. This is how Seth thinks he got there... “I was soooo little, and I went in your nose and went down into your tummy.” Hehe. Something like that.

*A few months later while talking about the same thing, Seth said, “When I was in your tummy, did you swallow me?..... Were my clothes wet?” He couldn't figure out why a baby in a mother's tummy wouldn't be wearing clothes. Cute.

*Apparently Haddie hears this… Starting at about 13 months, whenever I am holding her and I open the pantry door, she says, “Ummmm”.

* Here Haddie is doing "Angels" on the kitchen floor. ;o)

* Seth balanced a baby medicine measuring spoon on a pot and turned on the water. Then he said, "Hey, what do you think? It's a rain gauge!" He he he. I love his imagination!

*My aunt and her husband were visiting from Texas, and we were all having a meal together. Seth looked over at Sam, her husband, and after studying him for a while, remarked, “You have a Mr. Potato Head!” (He is bald on top.) Oh, dear!


* I started wondering why Haddie was randomly saying the word "mean". Then a couple days ago I figured it out. Haddie was eating a carrot and then she purposely dropped it on the ground. Next she patted her leg with her hand and said, "Mean-a, whe-a-ou?" Meshach came running and the light went on. "Meshach, where are you?" No wonder Meeshie likes Haddie so much!

* Steve had the fun idea to let the kids do some "winter camping" in our playroom with the tent. They have had a GREAT time!


*Until Seth was about three years old, even though he could repeat almost any word, he continued to call basketball “shalla-ball”. Therefore, basketball hoop was “shalla-ball boop”.
*A commonly heard phrase at our house is, "It's almost time to go (where ever). We just have to pack up." At three and a half, Seth was highly impressed and excited when we told him that we don’t have to “pack up” when we go to Heaven.
* For some reason, our kids have a fascination with being in "jail." In this picture they are, of course, in jail.









5 comments:

Jess said...

Hey Nat! (and gang..) I just wanted to tell you that I took a quick break from studying this morning to see if you had any updates on your blog. I was happy to see your new posts with funny things Seth and Haddie say.. my roomie actually asked me what was so funny in our notes.. and I had to tell her I wasn't studying, but was instead reading your blog! So thanks for the laughter this morning!! Hope you are all doing great. I miss you and can't wait to come home tomorrow!
Love You!

Angel said...

Just wanted to drop by and thank you for your sweet comment!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. :0) Angel

Rachael said...

Hey you!
Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving:) Miss you guys a ton!
Love Rach

Lesley said...

I love kid funnies!! Thanks for sharing them :) With the one about having a baby in your tummy -- that reminded me of when I was pregnant with Christian and Aubrie always used to talk about what it would be like when he was born and she was really surprised when I told her he wasn't wearing a diaper in my belly. She wondered where he went to the bathroom then? So, I had to try and explain how that all worked. :)

Lori said...

Hi Natalie! Thank you for your Thanksgiving thoughts and comments on my blog. I celebrated Thanksgiving early with missionaries in Tokyo on the 7th (Turkey and the fixings) then the actual day I was in Hong Kong at a conference - we went to Pizza Hut for dinner. Fun times! Keep up the great work on your blog! I enjoy reading it!