Monday, January 19, 2009

"Laughter Lives Tuesday!"
Here's a little something to lighten your day....

(This post is part of "Laughter Lives! Tuesday" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check out their blog to read everyone else's "Laughter Lives!" posts.)

Here's Seth and Haddie - just had to throw this pic. in here because they were cracking up, so I thought it was fitting for today's theme!


"Dad on the Throne"
Our good friends Kelly and Steve recently started potty training their little girl. The following is from an email she said I could share...

"Anyway, the other day Ani saw this figurine in her bedroom (from one of Steve's colleagues) and told us that it was "daddy" on the "potty". We about died! I love how she saw Steve in the long-haired king (he does need a hair cut really bad right about now) and his throne as the potty. We still get a chuckle about it. Take a look at the picture and enjoy a good laugh too!"


He he. ;o) I love it!



Here's a few of our recent ones...

*Seth and Haddie (Three and a half & one and half years old) recently wondered into our bedroom while we were all upstairs getting ready for the day. I finished brushing my teeth and then followed them. Seth had a bra in his hand and was trying to drape it on Haddie, saying, “Here Haddie, these are for girls.”

*I enjoy cooking for our family. Although I wouldn't be able to beat out an "Iron Chef" with my meals, usually my crew seems to think the food is tasty. However, the other night we got a good laugh out of the response Seth gave to our supper meal. We were having mashed potatoes with hamburger gravy, and evidently it had been a while since I had last made this. Seth eyed the food on his plate suspiciously. He scooped a little bit onto his spoon and began directing it toward his mouth. Half way there, he startled the rest of us by shouting in a worried voice, "Oh no Mom, it's a slug!"
No slug to be found of course. Apparently in the eyes of a three year old hamburger gravy simply resembles small slimy garden creatures!

*One night Seth had a big tantrum and was throwing his toys across the room. This resulted in those toys being taken away for the rest of the night. He was very upset about that and asked me why I took away his toys. I replied that he had lost his temper, and that tomorrow he could have the toys. He responded by flailing around his bed, crying, "but I want to have my temper back, I want to have it back!" (As if it were some tangible item he had lost...) ;o)

*As I have stated before, Seth loves to take off his clothes and run around the house in just his underwear. Haddie has decided she loves to follow suit. Now, a commonly heard phrase announced in our home by two small voices is, "Let's get naked!"
Hmmm. Hopefully we never have a visitor walk in to those words! :O)


If you missed our last post of kid funnies, check out...
http://likepottersclay.blogspot.com/2008/11/constant-entertainment.html
(or you can find it on our November 23 post in our archives list)

Hope you have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Lisa@saltandlightstudio said...

Wonderfully cute stories of your adorable kids!

We also have a couple of nudists in our family. ;)

Blessings!

BlogBaby

Kristin said...

That last one really made me laugh out loud! I also have two little kids who love to be naked, and I can totally see my 3 year old saying that too! (In fact, I think she has before!)

Lesley said...

I'm with Kristin -- that is too funny! Both my girls also love being free of clothing -- it must be the age!

Also, thanks for your comment on my blog earlier and to answer your question about curriculum -- I am thinking we'll probably use A Beka because that is what Sam's mom used with him and his sisters for homeschooling and I've heard excellent things about it. However, I'm open to other ideas too and plan to do a lot of looking in the near future because we will need to start odering curriculum soon and getting started with Aubrie. She's done one full year at a Christian pre-school and some informal pre-school schooling at home and I can tell she's ready to move on to the "next level." She'll be five in March and so I figure we can start doing kindergarten stuff anytime now.

That's awesome that you think you might homeschool too. We'll have to start some sort of blogging homeschool support group or something. :) Hope you have a great day!

LS said...

Funny stuff! We also have some nudist in our family!