Monday, February 16, 2009

Dinosaurs and the Cross

Recently I've had some good laughs while reading friends' blogs. I love hearing the sweet as well as the funny things little kids say.

So here's a new one from Seth that combined a little of both....


One evening I was laying with Seth in his bed. I was just about to get up to go down stairs when he suddenly sat up and looked at the space between his bed and the wall . He peered at the dark space a little closer and then asked me if there were dragons back there. I told told him that he didn't have to worry, there were no dragons back there, and in fact, there were no real dragons at all. This disappointed him for some reason. He asked if they were in Indiana (where did he come up with Indiana??). I said no, there are no dragons on the whole Earth, just like there are no dinosaurs on the Earth anymore. Curious, Seth asked where the dinosaurs went. I told him that all of them died a long time ago.

"On the cross?" Seth asked.

"Um, no honey, the dinosaurs did not die on the cross....."

(I turned my face a bit so he wouldn't see my silent chuckle. To my relief, that was enough information about dragons and dinosaurs for him, and he changed topics.)

Oh, funny little ones. :o)

3 comments:

Kristin said...

That's great! I love the things that little kids come up with!

Lesley said...

Hi Natalie! That is so funny and so cute what Seth said!! I love the things kids say and how they always make us smile.

Thanks for your nice comments on my blog awhile back. It's always good to hear from you and get your feedback on things! :) Psalm 91 has been a great passage of Scripture for memorizing and if you end up going with that one, I'm sure you will love it too and in no time, your kids will be picking it right up! I'm thinking that once Aubrie has Psalm 91 down pat that we can go back to the beginning and start memorizing Psalm 1 and then just continue on from there. It's fun to see kids soak up God's Word!

Hope you had a good Valentine's day with your sweethearts and have a wonderful week!! :)

Rachael said...

I love the dino story! I hope all is well in the Krier household. Its been so long since we have talked! I will email you in the next day or so any we can catch up!
Love yas,
Rach